Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Box Office Results - 5/14/06

Approximate Sunday Results (in millions):
1. Mission: Impossible 3 - $24.5 ($84.6 - 2 Weeks)
2. Poseidon - $20.3 (1st Week)
3. RV - $9.5 ($42.8 - 3 Weeks)
4. Just My Luck - $5.5 (1st Week)
5. An American Haunting - $3.7 ($10.9 - 2 Weeks)
6. United 93 - $3.6 ($25.6 - 3 Weeks)
7. Stick It - $3.2 ($22.2 - 3 Weeks)
8. Ice Age: The Meltdown - $3.0 ($187.4 - 7 Weeks)
9. Silent Hill - $2.2 ($44.5 - 4 Weeks)
10. Hoot - $2.1 ($6.2 - 2 Weeks)

Well, before I berate myself for my horrible guess about Poseidon, let me just say that I was right on about everything else. I said M:I:3 would do worse than expected and I was only about a million off. I was one of the only people to say Hohan's Just My Luck would do much less than expected and would go under $10 million. It did even worse than I hoped, but I predicted it would bomb big. And my estimate for Goal! was pretty close too (about a million off).

Now for Poseidon. Man, I blew it. I guess I should have taken into account all the awful reviews, but I didn't get a chance to see them before I wrote the forecast. Since the box office for the movie declined each day of the weekend, it's obvious that the reviews and the bad word of mouth affected it's poor showing. Maybe my review is what turned everyone against it - LOL. JM's Poseidon Review

Well, next week sees the opening of thriller The Davinci Code, animated Over The Hedge and horror film See No Evil. Maybe I'll have better luck forecasting then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»