Friday, May 05, 2006

I Love This Bitch

Yeah, I know that some people don't like Kathy Griffin and want to punch her in the face for the things she says, but I'm not one of them. I love her and think she's REALLY funny. Maybe because she likes to trash celebrities and she doesn't care who knows it. She has no fear when talking about Hollywood and for someone who makes her living in that sanctimonious city, she doesn't seem to care who she pisses off. That's part of the reason she got fired from her Red Carpet job on the E Network after making a funny joke about how little Dakota Fanning just got out of rehab (I thought she should have gotten promoted - not fired).


Enjoy your time on the red carpet Kathy. By the end of the evening you will have pissed off a powerful 10 year old and been fired from your job.

Next week, she has a new 1 hour standup special on Bravo (Why Bravo? 'Cause the gays love her!) called "Kathy Griffin: Strong Black Woman" that premieres on Tuesday at 9pm and will probably be shown over and over and over again (as Bravo tends to do). Bravo TV

In honor of her special, I'm including some quotes from an interview she just did with the Indianapolis Star Newspaper in her home state of Indiana. Indy Star

Enjoy (and watch her show on Tuesday at 9pm, even if you're not gay).

On American Idol: "Don't you love when they talk about their 'fans' without one hint of irony? I'm looking at them and thinking, "You're going to be working at The Limited at the mall in about eight days. So knock it off with your 'fans.' ""


Kathy with a very scared Kelly Clarkson. Never have the A-list been in such fear of the D-list before.

On The Brooke Shields / Tom Cruise Baby Birth Feud: "I think it's great. Brooke Shields should be very happy. It's always good to be intertwined with someone like that. I would kill to have a baby on the same floor as Tom Cruise -- and have him (ticked) off at me. I'm telling you, that was a gift from God. I would have sent him a thank-you note and a muffin basket, because that whole scandal did nothing but make Brooke more likable."


Suddenly Susan cast and Kathy - pre face lift, pre hair straightening, pre eye surgery, pre nose fixing, pre Bravo reality tv show and specials, pre cancellation, pre baby scientology wars, pre Judd Nelson unemployment.

On Clay Aiken: "First of all, major relocation. He has to leave the country. He has to be like Josephine Baker or David Hasselhoff and find a fan base overseas. I think once you have had your picture in the Star tabloid with four Webcam pictures of you hooking up with a guy and you don't have a shirt on, it's time for a 'vacation'. He has to have a long sit-down with Manilow and get a game plan. He has to say, "Barry, I want you to plan out my next year. I'll do whatever you say." He should follow the footsteps of his obvious mentor."


"What? What did I say that was so bad?"

No comments: