Friday, May 19, 2006

Goodnight Gracie.

Sad. Will & Grace went off the air permanently tonight after 8 years and I'm bummed. Yes, it was hit or miss over the last 2 years and it never really seemed to regain it's comic power after Debra Messing got pregnant and they tried to hide it on the show, but I'll still miss it. Tonight's show was okay. Most of it took place in the future and wasn't that funny, but for a show finale, it rests somewhere between Newhart's great "it was all a dream from his previous show' finale and Seinfeld's depressing jail themed finale. I'll miss Will & Grace because it was ground breaking and usually made me laugh out a loud a few times per show - what more can you expect from a sitcom? Most of all, I'll miss the Jack and Karen characters because they were an amazing comic team and really pushed the envelope for network television. So R.I.P. Will & Grace & Jack & Karen. I'll miss you (until I see your syndicated reruns 6 times tomorrow).


"Guys, don't look up at the audience and maybe they'll realize tonight's show wasn't very good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will miss them toooooooo!

Just jack Forever!

Anastacia Beaverhausen