Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fed Up

Alright, gonna vent. I read a lot of gossip blogs daily and one of my favorites has been Perez Hilton's. However, I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I've sent him items in the past and always ask him to give me credit if he uses them. He's used 2 of my things and both times, he didn't give me a shout out for them. That really pisses me off. It's not hard to say a thank you to someone if they send you stuff for your blog. Is it?

And Dlisted aggravates me too. I'm occasionally doing the 'Caption This' contest and submitting captions for some of the pictures he lists. It's not that he doesn't give credit to the winner[s] (he does, even though he misspelled my name the one time I won), it's that he picks some of the worst captions as the winners. Really. Rarely are they funny or original. I think what he does is he gets so many submissions, that he just looks at the beginning of the list and finds the first one that makes him smile and publishes it as the winner. That way he doesn't have to waste much time sorting through the hundreds of submissions. Everyone's sense of humor is different, but I'll look down the list of submissions after he posts a winner and find dozens of ones that are laugh out loud funny while his winner (almost always at the top of the list) just lays there like a big turd. It's a shame, because most of the other stuff on his blog is really good.

I'm sure I'll piss off someone because they are regular readers of those blogs, but just know that I'm not commenting on the whole blogs (because they're both really good). I'm just saying they both do something that irks me that I wish they'd change. So anyway, I submitted something to Perez the other day that I thought was amusing. He hasn't posted it, so I'll just go ahead and post it here since it was mine in the first place. Check the post right after this one with 'Perez' in the title.

No comments: