Monday, July 02, 2012

Okay. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who disagree with me, but I have to ask, do Mad Men or American Horror Story get any better? I've just watched the first 2 episodes of American Horror Story and it is BAD (like really BAD!)! Bad acting, bad directing, bad editing, bad story and bad logic all around. Some people seem to really like it. Can anyone tell me if it gets significantly better after the first 2 episodes, because so far, it's like watching a high school film project. It's excruciatingly BAD!



Mad Men is certainly much better quality, but it's so SLOW! (and I'm a person who usually likes foreign and independent films with sad clowns performing mime on the beach). We are getting towards the end of the first season and it still seems super slow. Does it pick up at all? We will probably keep watching it, but I would love to be reassured that the story starts accelerating a little bit. There are only so many scenes that I can watch that are just there to show how much they liked to smoke and drink during their work hours in the 50s. Does anything ever develop from episode to episode? Help!

No comments: